Ministry to Ministers

Ministry to Ministers seeks to assist Church of God in Michigan ministers and their families with referral and funding for professional counseling services using a confidential source.

Download brochure

How is Confidentiality Assured?

Ministry to Ministers has spoken with all counseling agencies on the back of this brochure explaining the need for confidentiality and requesting the Service Center receive invoices with only a client number and no names.

Why do people call Ministry to Ministers?

People call about such matters as:

  • Marital or family conflict
  • Abuse: substance, alcohol, domestic, sexual, etc.
  • Depression, anxiety and other emotional concerns
  • Legal and financial difficulties
  • Work-related prolems
  • Addictions: pornography, sexual, etc.

Who can use Ministry to Ministers?

All Michigan Church of God ministers and members of their household living in Michigan may use Ministry to Ministers.

How do I contact Ministry to Ministers?

On the back of this brochure is a list of Christian Counseling Centers we approve is below. Make an appointment and show them your Church of God credentials card. They will invoice your insurance, have you pay the copay on the page opposite, and invoice us for the rest. They have been instructed to give us only a client number, protecting you with confidentiality.

If you choose a counselor who is not on our list have them call our office (800) 369-5890 and we will explain this program. Again, please ask them to not use your name so your counseling can remain confidential. It is critical that you have your Church of God credentials card.

What will Ministry to Ministers cost me?

There is a modest out-of-pocket fee for face-to-face counseling, based on household income.

  • $ 0 - 12,000 $ 5.00/session
  • $ 12,001 - 30,000 $ 10.00/session
  • $ 30,001 - 50,000 $ 15.00/session
  • $ 50,001 - $ 20.00/session

The counselor will invoice your insurance company for normal insurance coverage.

The counselor will invoice the Church of God in Michigan for the balance, up to $120 per session for up to twelve sessions.

Six more sessions may be granted at the request of the counselor.

What if I have need to call again?

You may contact Ministry to Ministers as often as needed.


Covenant Counseling; Terry and Sandra Lodico Midland (989) 835-8344

Evonne Lamson, Sanford, Michigan; (989) 859-9060, email:

Life Coach Psychology; Marilyn Strobel, MED, Mary Hui-Wee, PHD Susan Neuman Taylor, LMSW Donald Horner, MA Battle Creek (269) 883-6560

Samaritan Counseling Center; Farmington Hills (248) 474-4701

Jesse Soulia, Flint (810) 732-6111

Wellspring Counseling; Karen Massall, Sheryl Saylor John McPhail, Kathy Tate, Michelle Roberts East Lansing (517) 336-4335

Trinity Family Counseling Center; Tonya Ratliff, LPC, NCC, ACS Shelby Township (586) 254-3663

Sunrise Family Counseling; Thomas Shelder Traverse City (231) 645-3735

Spiritual Direction

The Road to Emmaus
He Qi @ 2014 All Rights Reserved

This depiction of Jesus on the road to Emmaus, this captures the spirit of Spiritual Direction. We are all on a journey with Jesus, but it is not always easy to discern His presence and activity in our lives. Spiritual direction helps us to open our eyes to see the One in our midst (Luke 24:31-32). Spiritual Direction seeks to create a safe and sacred place where stories are told, conversations take place, and the living God draws near, engaging us as only He can.

Were not our hearts burning within us while he was talking to us on the road, while he was opening the scriptures to us? (Luke 24:32)

Hospitable, strictly confidential, and grounded in Biblical truth, spiritual direction is a ministry that helps believers draw closer to God through prayer and spiritual exercises, attend more fully to the presence of God in daily life, and live in ones calling as a follower of Christ.

What are the Benefits of Spiritual Direction for Pastors, Pastoral Spouses, and Lay Leaders?

To have a safe place to share joys, struggles, and questions.

To grow in personal spiritual disciplines as a way to create space to connect more deeply with God (acronym from Adele Calhouns Spiritual Disciplines Handbook).

  • W  Worship God
  • O  Open Myself to God
  • R  Relinquish the False Self
  • S  Share my Life with Others
  • H  Hear Gods Word
  • I  Incarnate the Love of Christ
  • P  Pray

To focus on being with God instead of doing for God.

To recognize personal limits and develop healthy habits of rest and self-care.

To integrate the spiritual life and relationship with God into all areas of everyday life.

To seek clarity and discernment about vocation or life decisions.

Please contact Sandy Kuepfer (M.Div., Certified Spiritual Director) at with questions or to schedule an initial appointment to discern if spiritual direction might be a good fit for you. Appointments are available in-person and via skype.

The Pastoral Health Ministry believes spiritual direction is a worthwhile investment in a persons spiritual health, and we have budgeted funds to help make spiritual direction affordable for Church of God in Michigan ministers and their families. You will only be asked to pay a small fee for each session of spiritual direction with Sandy.

General Assembly of the Church of God in Michigan
4212 Alpha Street,
Lansing, Michigan 48910-0711 | 517-393-7020 |