April 17-18, 2020
Pennway Church of God, Lansing, Michigan
The Michigan Student Leadership Institute (MSLI) is a three-year program geared toward very mature eighth grade through senior high students seeking practical guidance in applying leadership skills in ministry and life settings. MSLI meets once per year for Friday evening worship, challenge, and fun, followed by classroom and hands-on leadership training on Saturday. This is an incredible way to build relationships with other student leaders from across the state!
Upon completion of the three-year program, a letter of recommendation for college, a Commissioning Service, and a gift are given. Graduates who also attend one of our Church of God Universities or Colleges should receive a $1,000 leadership scholarship renewable for all four years of schooling.
Cost: $60 per student per year (including all meals, lodging, materials, and training). All registrations received after April 8 is $80 per student.
If possible, please plan for this in your youth budget or local church board to as an investment in the future of your students and your church.
First time attending?
Partial scholarships of $30 per student may be available to ignite your church’s investment in youth leadership development. Contact Connie Graham, 989.835.9262 for more information.
Adult Youth Leaders-
Are you in need of some help to explain the importance of MSLI to the Leadership of your church? This letter would be great for churches attending the 1st time, for parents’ information, to give to groups when asking for funding, etc. Download letter here.
MSLI Brochure (required medical release for students under 18 included)
Pay MSLI Registration Using PayPal
An additional $3.00 has been added to assist the Church of God in Michigan with PayPal service fees.
6:00 P.M. Arrival/Registration
6:30 P.M. Opening Worship
8:00 P.M. Fun, Fellowship, and Food
9:15 P.M. Retire to area homes/hotel
8:30 A.M. Return to Church
9:00 A.M. Morning Worship,
Session 1, and
11:30 A.M. Interactive Lunch
12:30 P.M. Group Activity,
Session 3, and
4:30 P.M. Closing Service
6:00 P.M. Departure
Times in this schedule are subject to changes
The following list is to help youth pastors and leaders determine which of your students might be ready for MSLI.
- Student should have made a commitment by faith to God.
- Student should display leadership characteristics in their daily life at church, school, home, and within your student ministry.
- Student should be interested in learning more about him/herself and how God may want to use him/her for Kingdom work.
- Student should be willing to make a one weekend per year commitment for three years to insure completion of the program.
- As a general rule, the student should be High School age. In some cases, there may be an especially mature 8th grader that would benefit by attending. We encourage college students to return to complete MSLI also.
- Student should be a "regular attendee" of church and youth ministry functions. Most "occasional" attending students will have difficulty using what is learned in a practical setting if they do not have a consistent church life.
- Student should have a good general idea of what MSLI is about PRIOR to arriving the first day of the Institute.
- Student should be willing, upon completion of each track, to be available for follow-up and for serving within their home church and community.
These are only suggestions for use. To invoke interest or create curiosity, you may need to be less stringent to get that first set of students involved.
For additional information contact:
Pastor Ben Kreider; Chair, MSLI Task Force